Sharing a post on Instagram is a trend Nowadays. People want to share their day-to-day life events with their close friends. This sometimes makes people famous also. But what if you can’t share your post on your Instagram story with your close friends or just friends. Let us see all the possible reasons for not being able to share your post on Instagram.
Possible Reasons for Unable to Share Post on Instagram Story
- Public Sharing of the story is Disabled.
- Either the post is Private or not Public.
- The Sharing Option is not Visible from your account only.
Let us discuss the above points one by one step-wise.
Public Sharing to Story is Disabled
Ask your friend if he has disabled the option of “Sharing to Story”. If your friend doesn’t know how to enable resharing of the story to Instagram ask him to follow the steps below.
- Open Instagram Application
- Click on the profile icon placed in the bottom right corner of the Instagram Application.
- Go to the three lines present on the top right corner of the screen
- Click on settings (Gear Like Option)
- Go to Privacy Option
- Click on Story Option
- Go to sharing Option and enable “Allow sharing to the story”.
Whether the post is Private or not Public
The profile from where you want to reshare the story on Instagram is private. Follow the steps below to change the option from private to public. If you don’t know how to change it, you can follow the steps below.
- Go to the profile icon present on the bottom right of the Instagram Application.
- Click on the three-line option present on the top right.
- Go to Settings Option.
- Find the “Privacy” Option.
- Click on “Privacy”.
- Under Account Privacy, you will find the “Private Account” Option.
- Disable Private Account.
The Sharing Option is not Visible from your account only
If sharing option is not available, you can check whether your Instagram account is facing the problem or it is general problem. If it is only your problem, try to update your Instagram Application. Try to uninstall and reinstall the application again. Before uninstalling the application one can also try restarting the device. Clearing of cache might also solve the problem.
Sharing a Post to Instagram Story
Sharing a post on Instagram is an easy task. But still, if you are facing difficulties try one of the ways below.
Take Help of the Instagram Support Team
Contact the support team of the Instagram Application, if you are unable to share a post to the story. To contact the support team, follow the details below.
- Go to Profile Icon Present on the homepage.
- Click on the three lines present.
- Select Setting
- Click “Help”
- Click “Help Centre”
- In the Search Bar, type “Allow sharing to the story”.
- You will find a set of instructions.
- You will find a section “Was this helpful”. Click Yes
- If no satisfactory results are obtained, add your problems as a comment format.
Sharing Posts with Friends
All the necessary steps to share posts to stories on Instagram have been discussed above with every detail. But still, if you have any doubts, you can add your comments below. Our social team will resolve your issues with expert ideas. You can also try reading our blog on Reel Drafts On Instagram.